Contract terms & conditions
Edelnet does not bind subscribers to contracts, but the
following conditions apply:
- Any equipment necessary for the internet and/or voice
connection, supplied and installed by Edelnet, will be purchased by the
subscriber and will become the property of the subscriber. Wireless
equipment supplied by Edelnet carries ICASA type approval, and carries
normal manufacturer's guarantees. The subscriber is responsible for
the maintenance and insurance costs of their equipment, as well as
replacement costs in events which are not covered by the manufacturer's
guarantee, such as storm damage.
- Should a supplied product be
defective, it will be replaced if reported within 7 days of installation.
If repairs are necessary within the manufacturer's guarantee period, a loan
replacement unit will be supplied in the interim.
- While there is no cost for replacing
or repairing a product under the manufacture's guarantee, call out costs
apply to fetch and replace the product.
- Invoices for installed equipment and repairs are
payable on presentation.
- No cash payments or cheques are accepted, only eft or
other direct deposits. Subscribers are responsible for deposit costs.
- All internet and voice services are pre-paid, with
the exception of data usage in the data packages. Data used will be
invoiced at the start of the next month, and is payable before the end of
- Monthly subscription invoices are sent out at the
beginning of the preceding month and are payable before the start of the
- A notice period of one calendar month is required
should any service be no longer necessary. This is necessary to
prevent any credit, which may be in the subscribers account, to be allocated
to the following month's subscription(s). Any credit left in the
subscriber's account at the end of the notice month, will be paid into the
subscriber's account within 14 days of obtaining the subscriber's banking
details, after the termination date.
- One package migration, or package change, is free per
month. Subsequent changes carry an admin fee of R150.
- Should a subscriber be disconnected due to non
payment, then the subscriber will be credited for subscription fees for the
period of disconnection. A reconnection fee of R150 will apply upon
- VoIP numbers are forfeited and lost if the account is
60 days or more in arrears.